Tuesday, September 18, 2012

{Playing Through Autumn Day 9} Autumn Elements Sensory Bin

It is no secret that I absolutely ADORE sensory bins and I have been giddily anticipating the coming of fall for all of the magnificent sensory bins I have planned. Our first bin of the season, filled with autumn rainbow rice, has been a huge hit in our house. I was a little reluctant to swap it out, but I knew L would be a big fan of what I had in store for her with our second bin of the season, the autumn elements bin.



This bin was really easy to put together, and I have to say it looked so beautiful when it was finished.


First I layered in two different types of silk leaves: smaller, smoother ones and larger, rougher ones.


Next I sprinkled in some craft feathers in fall colors. This I did especially for L, because she loves things that tickle and I knew the feathers wouldn't let her down!


Finally I added in a few decorative gourds and pumpkins. I chose to go with faux stuff for this bin, because I can save it from year to year, but I am planning on doing a bin with the real deal later in the season.

How are your kiddos experiencing this beautiful season so far?

2 comments:

  1. I love fall. This is a great way to incorporate all of these beautiful colors into play. Thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fall sensory bin turned out great! I think our toddlers would love it. You did a great job of capturing the fall colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete