First I took a sheet of sturdy card stock and cut it in half. Each of these halves would be the large card for each game. Then I quartered a second sheet of card stock to serve as my smaller card.
I made a set of three smaller cards to go with each larger card. I put only three or four stickers on each of the smaller cards. The idea is to point to one of the stickers on the smaller card, then encourage L to find the same sticker on the bigger card. Limiting the number of stickers on the smaller cards makes it more likely that L will be successful in finding the match on the bigger card without frustration.
I covered all of the cards with contact paper, just for the sheer hope that this will help them last a while. For our purposes, this will be an adult-led activity, but for older kids this could easily be done independently and is still a great way to practice visual discrimination.
This entire process took me a little over half an hour and will be an excellent addition to our busy bags. I also plan to make a set using pictures of our family!