Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Magic of Dry Erase

Recently we found ourselves in the pediatrician's office, getting L checked for an ear infection. (Seriously?! I breastfed! My kid is supposed to be immune to those things!) Anyway, while we were waiting for the doc to arrive, we began to doodle on a dry erase board in the exam room. It was an AMAZING way to pass the time! L loved it and it totally took her mind of her (should-be-non-existent) ear pain. It was fantastic!

When we got home later that afternoon, I pulled out a rather large dry erase board I had purchased some months before with the motivation of getting organized. (You'll notice I said nothing about having to take it off a wall somewhere.) L instantly recognized what it was, and was so eager to start doodling again that she could barely contain herself. Needless to say, my child is now an expert at the magic that is the dry erase board, and I have another tool in my repertoire for helping her learn through play. Huzzah!


We wrote and erased letters (okay, mostly I wrote and she erased), shapes, doodles, the names of our family and friends, numbers, all sorts of things. It was so engaging and so much FUN. We even traced a few items from the play room, which I loved because it showed L how you can integrate all kinds of stuff into your artwork. It was a blast!



What kind of non-toy toys are your wee ones digging these days?

2 comments:

  1. omg! I am totally in love with your blog!!! I didnt find a way to follow on gfc but i did on twitter and facebook :) I have 3 under 3 and am always looking for new ideas! You have tons! cant wait to try them out!!!
    Misty @ http://monkeysandtutus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how fun!! White boards are always a fun one. Thank you for sharing at Happy Family Times!!

    ReplyDelete